1. When is your “engagement” anniversary?
April 29, 2006 right after I finished my first half marathon
2. When is your “marriage” anniversary?
July, 7, 2007
3. How long have you known your spouse?
7 and half years
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
4 years – college sweethearts
5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
I lived next door to his baseball teammates in college
6. What is your spouse’s full name?
Donavan Benjamin Almond
7. Do you have any children?
2 amazing kiddies – Caleb (2) & Isabella (5 months)
8. How many? Boys/Girls
one of each
9. Do you have any house pets?
our beloved black lab Tucker
10. Do you own a house or rent?
11. Do you live in the country/town/city?
They call it the City of Santa Rosa but lets be honest its a town
12. What is one of your favorite activites to do together?
The PG version (he he) – gym, playing with the munchkins, movies, watching sports, eating yummy food
13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
we spend most of our vacation visiting family and friends on the east coast but we have had some great times in Nags Head
14. When did you first kiss?
It was at one of his baseball parties at JMU but I dont remember the exact date
15. What church do you attend?
St. Rose Catholic Church
16. Is this the church you were married in?
No we were married in our home town at his parents church. Both our babies were also baptized there by the same priest that married us.
17. What town is current address at?
18. Do you work or stay home?
Full Time working mommy
19. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Aruba – it was the best vacation we have ever had. I cherished everyday we were there!!
20. What was the funniest gift you gave while dating?
hmm I can’t think of anything funny
21. How long have you been together?
Officially 8 years on May 5th, 2011 – WHAT?!
22. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
23. Who asked who out?
He did of course… so romantic
24. How old are each of you?
Donavan – 27 : Jacqi – 28
25. Where do each of you go to school?
We met and graduated from James Madison University (Go Dukes!!) then we went to Georgia State University (Go Panthers!)) for graduate school. I love school I want to go back and get my PhD in Marketing so I can teach at the collegiate level.
26. Which situation is hardest on you as a couple?
We have the normal marriage arguments – helping with housework, Donavan’s demanding work schedule, my desire to move back east one day.
27. Did you go to the same school?
Undergrad and Graduate School
28. Are you from the same town?
No but we are both from Northern Virginia
29. Who is smarter?
Depends on the subject. However we did take a Physics class together in college in which he got an A and I got a B+ (my physicist dad would be so ashamed).
30. Who is more sensitive?
Me but I’m a crybaby
31. Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Solbar of course!! In Santa Rosa I would say Parkside Cafe for breakfast.
32. Where is the farthest you two have traveled as a couple?
California – the things we do for love
33. Who has the craziest exes?
For the most part our exes have managed to stay out of our relationship. We were young when we started dating and have been together for so long that there isn’t a long list. We are also both long term daters so that doesn’t help either.
34. Who has the worse temper?
He holds grudges longer than I do but neither one of us really has a temper
35. Who does the cooking?
Donavan – Thank you honey!!
36. Who is more social?
He says I am but I think we can both be charismatic and outgoing. We like people!
37. Who is the neat-freak?
Me and my husband is the complete opposite plus two kids = I lose.
38. Who is more stubborn?
Him – I’m too non-confrontational.
39. Who hogs the bed?
Me but I love sharing the bed.
40. Who wakes up earlier?
We have two kids under 3 – we get woken up. On a workday he does but he is a personal trainer so he has to be at work by 6-6:30
41. Where was your first date?
Official first date – Emilio’s Brickoven Pizza
42. Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends?
we are pretty even but I might have him beat by one.
43. Do you get flowers often?
they come in waves but he always seems to get them at the right time
44. How do you spend the holidays?
We switch Christmas every year between families. This part sucks I want to spend at much time with both families as possible.
45. Who is more jealous?
Me but I come with baggage.
46. How long did it take to get serious?
2 months I think
47. Who eats more?
My husband by far – his alter ego is a fat boy but he burns calories at work all day so he has to eat a lot.
48. Who does the laundry?
Ha – I do the laundry. Occasionally Donavan will wash his clothes – that drives me crazy!
49. Who is better with the computer?
50. Leave a piece of advice for other couples:
During your next argument take a moment to decide if what you are fighting about is more important than the love you have for one another. If not find a compromise and get back to the lovin.